Opportunities for Visiting Observerships in the Clinical Setting
A Visiting Observer is a physician who is invited by a Faculty Member for short-term observation of clinical care. The Faculty member will assure that all safety, health and privacy consideration are addressed.
Opportunities for, and sanctioned activities of, observers are very limited! Per UCSD policy, all opportunities for Visiting Observers must be for no more than 2 days. Most visiting observerships with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery are approved for no more than one or two days.
Visiting Clinical Observers:
- Have no physical patient contact.
- Have no surgical privileges.
- Have no access to patient information, records, photos, videos, etc.
- Have no access to Hospital record or database systems.
- Consent is required from the patient for Observer to be present during visit (clinical appointment or surgery).
All inquiries for Visiting Observerships should be sent to Yesenia Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 'Sub' Navigation: