Dedicated to inspiring students, residents, fellows, and faculty to work towards discovery of the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and resources needed to deliver quality patient care.About Us
Support Our Work
Your tax-deductible gift will help support the education and training of new surgeons as well as innovative research into better treatments for orthopaedic conditions.
Education & Training
We offer a five-year, ACGME-accredited residency program. And we offer four sub-specialty fellowships: Adult Reconstruction Hip and Knee, Hand Surgery, Spine Surgery, and Orthopaedic Trauma.
Continuing Medical Education
Our Grand Rounds and Spine Conferences provide needs based education to improve knowledge, competence and performance.
Training Verification Request
We verify training for programs including: Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Hand Surgery Fellowship, Adult Joint Reconstructive Fellowship, Spine Surgery Fellowship, and Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship.
Standards of Conduct and Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
As members of the University of California community, we are committed to the highest ethical standards to advance the mission of teaching, research and public service. We recognize that we hold UC San Diego Health and Health Sciences in trust for the people of the State of California. Our policies, procedures, and standards provide guidance for the application of ethical values in our daily life and work as members of this community.
As members of UC San Diego Health and Health Sciences, we are committed to:
- Integrity: We will conduct ourselves with integrity in our dealings with and on behalf of the University.
- Excellence: We will conscientiously strive for excellence in our work.
- Accountability: We will be accountable as individuals and as members of this community for our ethical conduct and for compliance with applicable laws and University policies and directives.
- Respect: We will respect the rights and dignity of others
- Equity: We will constantly pursue equity in our treatment of patients, faculty, staff, and students.
- Diversity: We dedicate ourselves to increasing diversity in the workplace by including individuals who are underrepresented in medicine and science.
- Inclusion: We will welcome individuals from all backgrounds and will ensure a safe environment for everyone to fully and authentically engage in research, clinical care, teaching, and service.